Friday, February 13, 2009

How would you know.

so today i was talking to someone about my current relationship status and the person said something that really bothered me. quickly for those that are unaware i am right now in a long distance relationship. now, this person made a comment, before i could even tell them anything about me and my boyfriend, was like "oh it is never going to work. the love will fade. it will never last because there is no intimacy"

Now what i really wanted to do was punch that person in the face. but i did the smart thing and i asked if they had ever been in a long distance relationship. this is the response i got, "No but i know they dont work" ok so here is my thing. if you dont know anything about a situation. do you think it would not at least be a good idea to get all the facts before you make a judgement about it? people think because they are older they know everything about everything. well you know what, not true. the world is different now and believe it or not, not every relationship revolves around "intimacy".

So people if you want to come across as intellegent, listen to the whole story before you shoot your mouth off about something that you are not familiar with. no matter what it is.

Just a thought

2 comments:

  1. I was in a long distance relationship for 2 years, i was even engaged to this person. It would have worked except that she started getting all "crazy" on me, and by crazy i mean like "in the head". That was quite unfortunate, so now i'm selling this beautiful ring on "allegro" which is a Polish version of e-bay. It's not really about the distance, it's more about how one handles it. That's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, and you tell that effer too, that they clearly don't know anything about intimacy, because your marathon phone conversations that cover a plethora of dreams, fears and reality...and the bazillion $$ phone bill that comes from that, could be every....ahem...inch of intimacy one needs. And if this person is older, should they not be aware that intimacy doesn't always equal sex, and sex doesn't always equal intimacy...who is it? I'll punch 'em for ya, that made me pissy. I'm so happy you found someone who makes you happy. And I love you!

    ReplyDelete