Thursday, September 9, 2010

Best Of Both Worlds for who?

So i have been married a little over a month n0w and it has been a rough go for me. I never thought that it would be easy but i also never thought that it would be this hard.

I have some great friends that have been spending alot of their time trying to entertain me and keep me not think about the fact that my husband is not with me. And then there are those that keep telling me that i am living the life. " you have the best of both worlds, your married and you husband lives in another country. i wish i could send my husband to another country"

People say that to me thinking that it is going to make me feel better. but you know...it really doesnt.

My husband is my best friend. I tell him everything. he is the person that i want to see on a regular basis more then anyone in my entire life....even when he makes me mad (which isnt often).

I am not saying that i am never going to get annoyed with him or want him to "go away" But when we have only been married a month and were only together for 2 weeks of that month.....i dont want to be away from him. So instead of people telling me about my future and wanting my husband to "go away", maybe they should not say anything and be sensitive to the fact that i am a newlywed that never really got the chance to start being a wife before i had to leave my husband behind. Think before you say things people.

just a thought

1 comment:

  1. Ah Alana....you should talk to my mom....not only is she going thru a rough time w/o my dad...her hubby of 66 years!....but, when my mom and dad got married they also had a short time together....10 days...then he shipped overseas, during the war this was...and did not return for almost 3 years!....I say this not in trying to say it could be worse...I'm NOT...I'm just saying that my poor wee mom would understand exactly what you are going thru right now...as for me, I can only imagine....I miss my hubby tonnes when he's just gone for the day!

    ReplyDelete