Tuesday, January 26, 2010

finally got what i wanted

you know as little girls your whole life you are told that you go to school, you get a job you fall in love you get married you have babies and you live happily ever after.

But for me i thought that becuz of the type of guy that i usually liked, i started to set myself up to possible live alone. no honestly i thought ok since i have never gotten the attention that i deserve from those kind of guys then i may as well set myself up to learn to live happy alone.

I have struggled with the way that i look my whole life and it never really became a real issue until i was in high school. that was when i played sports and was in the choir and musicals and involved in alot of other things. while a lot of my friends were dating. But becuz i didnt have the typical look or wasnt a particular weight i just became the buddy. i was the one that all the guys i liked would come to for girl trouble. which broke me every time.

I struggled to change. I still struggle to change. but i decided one day that i wasnt going to settle. i wouldnt settle for anything less then what i deserved. becuz not to toot my own i think i am a catch. so i just put it out in the universe that i wanted to find a man that would love me for me.....all of me. i wanted to find someone that would love me the way that i am now and that if i change and ended up back the way i am now that he would still love me...for me.

.....and i found that......
I found the one that loves my giant butt the way it is. i found the one that will look at all my giggly bits and tell me i look gorgeous. i found the one that has made me learn to love myself as i am. i found the one that looks at me and says i want to spend the rest of my life with you just the way you are.
At least i know that when i walk through the rest of my life with other people looking at me and not thinking am a beautiful i just look down at my hand and know that i have someone that vowed to love me the way that i am.......and that is all i ever wanted.
Just a thought

1 comment:

  1. Ah, my girl...I've known you for soooo long..I remember when you were this cute wee girl that your mom dressed in the frilliest dresses...very beautiful and sent you and your big brothers off to Sunday school. I thot you were darlin' then and I still do....you are very beautiful Alana...you have this fabulous smile that lights up a room but most of all is what you have going on inside...it's what my hubby and I have been trying to impress on our girls...it's what's inside that counts...way more than what's outside, and girl..you definitely have it going on from the inside out..it just radiates from you
    Your man is a very lucky fella and my hubby and I wish you all the best on your wedding day and a long and happy marriage. We wish you all the best! Happy wedding day Alana!

    ReplyDelete