Wednesday, July 14, 2010

better things to do with $21,000

i have a confession to make......i am obsessed with watching Say Yes To The Dress. I think that i watch at least one episode a day.....at least.

now i understand that there are people out there that have the money to drop in Klienfeld's, but i saw an episode not to long ago that totally blew my mind. this woman spent $21,000 on a (ugly if i may say so ) wedding dress.......FOR HER SECOND WEDDING.

I actually fell out of my chair, i was in that much disbelief. So i decided that i am going to make a list of more important things you can do with $21,000 other then spending it on one dress:

*put a wicked down payment on a house
*I could get a brand new mini cooper
*I could get 700 boxes of diapers at $30
* I could get 11,730 loaves of wonder bread at $1.79 a loaf
* i could get 13,815 large triple triples at Tim Hortons
*i could get 1400 mosquito nets for people in Africa
*I could get 210 goats for a family in Africa
*I could send 840 Canadian children to school with a new backpack full of school supplies

I will be the first to admit to you that i could be more involved in helping my community and other things. But i could never fathom spending $21,000 on a dress for one day when that money could go such a long way towards helping a needy family for a longer time then just one day

Just a Thought

No comments:

Post a Comment