Thursday, July 1, 2010

Good intension was there but......

My future husband is a beyond wonderful man. he tries to go above and beyond to make me happy. and when he proposed it was quite the surprise. I mean, sure we had talked about it. but we had not talk about it happening when it did. which i think was great becuz it is really hard to truly surprise me.

But i think what he did not realize and what i think a lot of men dont realize is that once us ladies say yes, we are in a sprint to get everything that we want to make that day perfect.

so when we initially started talking about our wedding and what we wanted and how things were going to get done, i had said to Antonio "you know you are going to have to do the brunt of the work becuz i cant do it from here". so he was all ready to take charge and do everything....the first day. but as the days went on i can hear all the overwhelming pressure beginning to build and about to bubble over. until finally i got him to admit that he didnt want to do it all.

that is when he finally came to the realization that it is hard being a woman planning a wedding. there are so many little details that men dont think of that go into that day. little details like table cloths, centre pieces, flowers, music, invitations, a minister, dj and......i can go on and on.

but it made me wonder. do men really block all the wedding planning out and just show up that day in a new suit (that most dont even realize that you picked out) and think that all that just magically came together? i mean there are days that i know i call Antonio with a million wedding things that we have to talk about and all he hears out of my voice is the charlie brown teacher voice coming through his end of the phone.

I mean i have given him 3 jobs.....just 3, to do with the wedding and he still has yet to complete them. and they are 3 very important things that we cant do without, the pastor, the dj and the food. our wedding is just over a month away and i still dont have any of those things. and that scares me.....*place awkward laugh here*. I ask him about it almost every day also and he keeps telling me yup i got it under control and all i keep thinking is "is it normal for me to want to choke the person i am suppose to be spending the rest of my life with?"

why is it that i have this feeling that when i get there a week before my.....oops i mean our wedding i am going to turn into bridezilla? i mean he has helped out a bit and he has the good intention to help but.......it is like pulling teeth out of my own mouth sometimes. I guess the saying is true behind ever good man there is a great woman....telling him what to do.

All i know is........Antonio is lucky he is cute ;)

Just A Thought

1 comment:

  1. lol the last line made me laugh!! It will all come together Alana, it is meant to be and I just know that when you get to Trinidad things will go smoothly and the two of you will be able to get all this stuff done together :)

    ReplyDelete