Tuesday, July 6, 2010

whats in a name

My dad and i had a conversation about whether or not i was going to change my name. so when i said what i thought was the obvious answer.....which was yes.....he couldnt understand why.

it made me wonder are women not changing their names now a days? i never gave it a second thought about changing my name to Mrs Lopez. but my dad thought that it was obsurd.

then he suggested that i do the whole Straker-Lopez thing. to which i replied......NO. i already have 2 middle names if i then add on a second last name it is going to take me forever to write my signature.

This is when my mom chimmed into the conversation and stated that she should have kept her last name and then hyponated all of our names. so imagine if they did that then my new last name would be Charles-Straker-Lopez.....that is just crazy.

So i proceed to tell my dad that i thought it was sweet that he wanted me to keep my last name but that it was important to me to change it to be the same as my husband and that he had nothing to worry about and that the Straker name would be carried on with all the man Straker men that we have in our family and that he had nothing to worry about.

Who knew it was that important to him.....

Just A Thought

1 comment:

  1. Aww cute. Evan's mom asked if I was taking his last name also, I'm like you, I thought the answer was obvious! Aaron better have some boys to carry on the name! :)

    ReplyDelete